Last Updated: January 3, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THE ARBITRATION PROVISION SET FORTH BELOW, WHICH, EXCEPT WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST NEUMARK ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this Site is for general informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The use of this website does not create a doctor-patient relationship and no medical advice should be inferred or assumed. It is the user’s sole responsibility to seek the advice of their healthcare professionals for any medical concerns they may have and the user should not disregard, or delay, prompt medical advice for any such condition.
1. Registration, Account Creation, and Passwords
To access certain portions of the Site, you must be a registered Neumark member, which requires the creation of an online account. If you are registering and creating an account on behalf of a company of which you are an employee, you agree that you are authorized to do so. You agree to provide truthful and accurate information during the account creation process. You agree to maintain the accuracy of any data you submit.
You are responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and will notify us of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account. You agree that you are responsible for all acts or omissions that occur on your account while your password is being used. You shall provide Neumark or any third party acting as our agent with accurate, complete and current information at all times. We have the right to suspend or cancel your account if we believe you have violated these Terms. If we suspend or cancel access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Site (temporarily or permanently), your account details and/or any files or other website content contained in or accessible through your account, all of which may be deleted by us. Such suspension or cancellation of your account will mean that you may lose access to all content submitted by you.
2. User Conduct
By using the Site, you agree not to use the Site in any manner that:
- Is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of, any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment (including by means of software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs);
- Interferes with or disrupts the Site, services connected to the Site, or otherwise interferes with operations or services of the Site in any way;
- Infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other right of any party, or defames or invades the publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased (or impersonates any such person);
- Consists of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Causes Neumark to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet service providers or other suppliers;
- Links to content, directly or indirectly, to which you do not have a right to link;
- Is false, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive or another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, as determined by Neumark in its sole discretion;
- Copies, modifies, creates a derivative work of, reverse engineers, decompiles or otherwise attempts to extract the source code of the software underlying the Site or any portion thereof;
- Violates, or encourages to violate, any applicable Republic of Singapore or international law, regulation, or order.
Neumark shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, evaluate, and analyze any use of and access to the Site for any reason, including to determine compliance with these Terms.
We welcome links to Site. You are usually free to establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not create a false implication of sponsorship or endorsement of your site by the Site or by Neumark.
4. No Framing
Without the prior written permission of Neumark, you may not frame, make it appear that a third-party website is presenting or endorsing any of the content of the Site, or incorporate any intellectual property of the Site or Neumark into another website or other service.
6. Age Limitation
You must be above the age of majority in your jurisdiction to use the Site. If you are not above the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you are prohibited from using the Site.
7. Copyright and Trademark Ownership
The Site and its content, features and functionality, including, without limitation, information, text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, video clips, data compilations and the design, selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Neumark Content”), are the exclusive property of Neumark, our licensors or other content suppliers, and are protected by the Republic of Singapore and international copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws, and may not be used or exploited in any way without our prior written consent. You may download information from the Site and print out a hard copy provided that you keep intact and do not remove or alter any copyright or other notice (e.g., trademark, patent, etc.) contained in the information. Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, you may not modify, copy, distribute, display, reproduce, sell, license, or create derivative works from any information or Neumark Content, in whole or in part, including any text, images, audio, and video in any manner, without the prior written authorization of Neumark or any applicable third party suppliers. Any unauthorized use of text or images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable regulations and statutes. You agree to comply with reasonable written requests from us to help us protect our proprietary and intellectual property rights.
We are providing you with access to the Site pursuant to a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable, revocable license. You can use the Site for personal, non-commercial use, and subject to these Terms. This license is available to you as long as you are not barred from the Site by applicable law, your account is not terminated by us or by you, and your right to use the Site is not otherwise prohibited by us. If these Terms are not enforceable where you are located, you may not use the Site. Neumark reserves all right, title, and interest not expressly granted under this license to the fullest extent possible under applicable laws.
8. Your Intellectual Property Rights and License Grant
Some features on our Site may allow you to post or submit content and materials for publication on the Site (“Your Content”). You own any intellectual property rights to Your Content, but you grant Neumark a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, sub-licensable, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise) Your Content in any media or medium, and in any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed.
Neumark will have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion, to edit, move, delete, or refuse to make available any of Your Content made, submitted or posted through the Site for any reason, including for violation of these Terms or in connection with account termination procedures addressed in Section 1. That being said, you are responsible for Your Content, and acknowledge that, once published, we cannot always remove it.
9. Links to External Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites, including third-party advertisements located on the Site. We are not responsible for the availability of these external websites nor do we necessarily endorse the activities, services, or products available or offered through such websites. Under no circumstances shall we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused to a user in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on such external websites or third-party advertisements.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” NEUMARKMAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE OR THE CONTENT OR COMMUNICATIONS ON THE SITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NEUMARK DISCLAIMS IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE AND ALL SOFTWARE, CONTENT AND SERVICES, INFORMATION DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, TIMELY, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY NEUMARK OR A REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, NOTHING IN THIS SECTION EXCLUDES OR LIMITS ANY WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR GUARANTEES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
NEUMARK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THEY ARE ERROR-FREE, RELIABLE, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. NEUMARK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY SUPPORT SERVICES, WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE, AND ACCURATE OR MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. NEUMARK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT ALL TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING.
FURTHER, NEUMARK DOES NOT ENDORSE AND MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, INFORMATION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NEUMARK BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTENT ON THE SITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SITE.
12. Limitation of Liability
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, Neumark WILL HAVE NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY (WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH) ARISING WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF NEUMARk HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO DAMAGES ARISING FROM (i) USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, (ii) COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS BY THIRD PARTIES, (iv) THIRD PARTY CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE.
WHEN USING THE SITE, INFORMATION WILL BE TRANSMITTED OVER A MEDIUM WHICH IS BEYOND THE CONTROL AND JURISDICTION OF NEUMARK, ITS PARTNERS, AND SPONSORS OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY MENTIONED ON THE SITE. ACCORDINGLY, Neumark ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR OR RELATING TO THE DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Dispute Resolution and Agreement to Arbitrate
The laws of certain jurisdictions do not allow for mandatory arbitration. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the mandatory arbitration requirements below may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
Except where and to the extent prohibited by law, by using the Site, you and Neumark agree that, if there is any controversy, claim, action, or dispute arising out of or related to your use of the Site or the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of these Terms or any part of it, other than disputes relating to Neumark’s intellectual property (“Dispute”), both parties shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party describing the facts and circumstances of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party thirty days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute. Notice shall be sent to:
- Neumark Lung & Chest Surgery Centre, 6 Napier Road, #02-09 Gleneagles Medical Centre, Singapore 258499; or
- You, at the address we have on file for you.
Both you and Neumark agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied before initiating any litigation or filing any claim against the other party. IF ANY DISPUTE CANNOT BE RESOLVED BY THE ABOVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE, YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR SUCH DISPUTE WILL BE DECIDED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE, AND YOU WAIVE, THE RIGHT FOR A JUDGE OR JURY TO DECIDE YOUR CLAIMS, AND THAT YOU MAY NOT PROCEED IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. Other rights that you and we would otherwise have in court will not be available or will be more limited in arbitration, including discovery and appeal rights. All such disputes shall be exclusively submitted to JAMS (www.jamsadr.com) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising under or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of these Terms, including any claim that all or any part of these Terms are void or voidable.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and Neumark may exercise any rights under applicable law to bring an action before a court or tribunal, or to seek a legal remedy, to the extent that arbitration of such rights cannot be required by contract.
13. Choice of Law and Choice of Forum
Except as otherwise provided herein and subject to applicable law, these Terms have been made in and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. Any disputes or claims not subject to the arbitration provision above shall be resolved by a court located in the Republic of Singapore and you agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
14. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you have a concern regarding the use of copyrighted material on our Site, please contact the agent designated to respond to reports alleging copyright infringement. In the subject line of your message, please put “Re: Claim of Copyright Infringement.”
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice to our users by means of a general notice on our Site, electronic mail to a user’s email address in our records, or written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address, telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a federal district court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
15. Modification of these Terms and Termination
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time. When we do so, we will update the “Last Updated” date above. You will be notified of any material changes to these Terms via a posting on the Site and/or via email at the email address we have on file for you.
We retain the right to terminate these Terms with respect to any user which we, in our sole discretion, consider to be unacceptable, or in the event of a breach by you of these Terms.
16. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact us at:
Neumark Lung & Chest Surgery Centre Pte Ltd
6 Napier Road
#02-09 Gleneagles Medical Centre